Cake World® is a company born out of the need to serve the “sweet tooth” community with the best treats in the world of confectionaries. From bakers’ confections to sugar based and sugar free confections, we serve products that may be specially made for any public or private event and any individual.
As a fully Black owned and managed company with a historically disadvantaged background, we pride ourselves with traditional South African and internationally renowned recipes coupled with a customer oriented service that ensures that we remain competitive in the hospitality industry. We boast a team of highly qualified and experienced personnel who are continuously trained to serve our customers in the most personal of manners and ensure that whatever the customer can imagine we can bake.
We embark on a mission to exploit the online space and utilise the best technologies in creating the most recognised confectionaries brand in Southern Africa. We thrive on empowering ourselves and the country through continuous training and monitoring, establishing a broad base of specialised services, strengthening by innovative and advanced leading-edge technology.
Ethics and Values
Honesty, accuracy, punctuality, integrity, quality and high morality are our strengths and success with our clients and our staff. We are committed to ensuring that in every engagement, we provide solutions that achieve extraordinary results and stay ahead of competitors. We follow and keep out commitments. We meet deadlines and complete tasks on time. We believe in growing the skills of our people and improving their attitude and standard of living.
We boast a team of highly skilled technical and managerial staff members with a combined experience of 16 years on average. We have a string customer base that has been utilising expertise of our team over a prolonged period of time. We allow our customers to imagine any confectionaries of any shape or size and we guarantee that we will be able to bake it.
Recruitment and Selection
A potential employee and applicant at Cake World® gets treated with the same respect and fairness as one of our existing employees. Recruitment starts within the company at first and we are always striving to see if one of our existing employees cannot be promoted into a better position.
By making use of value adding suppliers, we contribute in the recognizing and developing of small black owned businesses and we ensure that our agencies are compliant with Employment Equity and Affirmative Action.
Our business model is designed not only to serve the customer in the best way but also form an inclusive relationship with the customer in order to ensure that we serve products that are tailored to the customers satisfaction. Our tailored business processes are designed and automated to ensure that our customers are included from the time they enquire with the company right until the enjoy the products they purchase.
Training and Development
This is the cornerstone of any successful Company. This also ensures the continuity of employment and maximizing job mobility. Our training policy includes:
- Literacy training for illiterate and semi-literate employees
- Skills transfer and training to allow employees to qualify in a specific field of expertise
- Career planning with every employee
- Management training for employees with management potential
By continuous training and development we contribute towards the employee’s:
- Trust ability
- Focus on process and task
- Coping with ambiguity and conflict
- Establishing an achievement-based track record.
Health and Safety
Different jobs have different dangerous circumstances that include illnesses, injuries and even circumstances that can lead to death. Besides the trauma that illness, injuries and loss of life causes it also entails a great financial loss. Loss of income, medical costs, decrease in productivity and costs of retraining of personnel also have to be accounted for. Therefore our main objective concerning health and safety is to minimize the risk of illness and injuries to acceptable levels as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act. By being proactive regarding health and safety, we contribute to a healthy and safe environment for our employees and our clients.
Our Health and Safety program includes the following:
- Compliance with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ongoing on-site training of employees to ensure compliance with our diverse client requirements and their Health and Safety needs
- Information sessions with employees to inform them of blood borne Infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C as well as other illnesses and how to prevent and respond to these illnesses.
- Equipping employees with the suitable knowledge in various health and safety aspects as may required by a specific position at a specific client.
- Empowering employees by the above training and knowledge to act as individual Health and Safety agents.